Sunday, February 10, 2013

2012 Best Actress Oscar Nominees

I would like to start making my own rankings of the Best Actress nominees.  While I don't always agree with the Academy's decisions, this year however showed me their bold decision making.  While I don't agree with all their decisions, some of their inclusions were just a major breath of fresh air, straying very far away from most of the critic awards, and other major awards.

One of my major qualms about doing rankings long term is the fact that I'm not sure how I will get people to read this.  I'm following a ton of people and while not many still post, there are a ton of commenters.  While my main purpose in doing "Best Actress" rankings is to provide an outlet for me to express my feelings.  My friends have no interest in watching movies the way I do, and have no attachment or understanding as to why watching films is so important to me, and message boards, while fun, provide more arguments than anything else.

But alas, I guess I'll accomplish nothing if I don't try to write something!  So I've decided for my first year, why not the most recent?  I'll start off by saying this, I've seen many blogs where the lowest ranking is "3", and that is certainly not the case with me.  I think there have been a lot of nominees that are way below "average", so my star rating will be different.  I will be doing a 1-5 rankings (halves included).

So starting off my 2012 Best Actress Nominees we have:








Jessica Chastain
"Zero Dark Thirty"









Jennifer Lawrence
"Silver Linings Playbook"









Emmanuelle Riva
"Amour"









Quvenzhané Wallis
"Beasts of the Southern Wild"









Naomi Watts
"The Impossible"

1 comment:

  1. I'm always glad to see another Oscar ranker out there! My advice to you is worry less about who is going to read/comment and do it for you. If you are enthusiastic about it, commenters will follow.

    As for this year, I don't have any particular favorite (Riva unseen). I like Lawrence and Watts, am up and down about Chastain, and not a Wallis fan.

    ReplyDelete